Microsoft had publish the new resource Kit for the Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.5.
Here are the new Tools:
- Application Virtualization Dynamic Suite Composition Tool
Use the Dynamic Suite Composition tool to edit the Open Software Descriptor (.osd) file associated with a virtual application package to create the inter-package dependencies.
- Application Virtualization Cache Resizing Tool
Use the Cache Configuration Tool to configure settings associated with App-V client cache.
- Application Virtualization SFT Parser Tool
Use the SFT Parser Tool to extract the following information from SFT files:
- Validation of SFT files – Process corrupted SFT files, and recover information from corrupted SFT files.
- XML export of contents of SFT – Export the contents of an existing SFT file. You can evaluate SFT segments or SFT metadata and construct a textual tree view of all file information SFT file.
- Listing of all of the files in the SFT – Identify and print the files contained in the SFT with their full paths. This is a good method to quickly identify the contents of a package.
- Statistics about properties of the SFT metadata – Identify statistical information, such the largest file contained in a package. This can be very useful for identifying packages that are too large in size and are causing issues loading on the client.
- Get relevant information on a file in the package – Display size, timestamps, attributes, and version information associated with the package.
- Ability to skip processing of file data if using functionality that requires only the metadata – Allows working with very large packages quickly.
- Application Virtualization Client Log Parser Tool
Use the Client Log Parser utility to extract log entries from one or more application virtualization client logs.
- Application Virtualization Application Listing Tool
Use the Application Listing Tool to display a list of virtualized applications that are currently running.
get all the tools here.