Its seems to be that in Scom 2012 there is a problem with Group renaming.
Every time I had to rename a Group created by me, I encountered with strange behavior of SCOM.
For Example; If I had a group called “My Group” and want to rename it to “Company Group” the result was:
“My Group/Company Group”
I had in mind that its a problem with the Management Pack Language Pack, but its looked fine.
I even tried to reinstall the MP but with no result.
In the end, the only thing that helped is a small change to the SCOM Database.
At that point I will mark that any change to the database is a risk, and every change you will make is on your own risk only.
1. I made a Backup of the Database.
2. I run the next Query and see the value to be changed:
SELECT * FROM [OperationsManager].[dbo].[__MOMManagementGroupInfo__]
in the field “LanguageCode” I see that its empty, And that’s the problem.
3. I Changed the value from Empty to “ENU”
4. Restarted all SCOM Services
5. See that All Group names changed to the right name.
Hope Microsoft will fix this problem in the next CU/SP release.
Remember that any change to the DB is on your own risk