Long time since my last post, you know, kids and stuff.
I do want to share with you a new vision.
For a long time Microsoft is trying to push SCOM towards a more “Cool Looking” user friendly interface, but for now with little progress.
On the market we have few companies that provide this missing capability and i want to talk about one of those.
A good looking, Fast, Low Cost solution for Dashboards in SCOM.
I want to go on the many points that make this solution a very 1st class for every SCOM using company.
- Look & Feel – Amazing, HTML 5 web based interface. This program not like any other is not based on the SCOM console and connects directly to the DB. this way its opened the window for a clean and smooth design in HTML5 that just work.
- Any platform, for lots of my customers the inability to connect to the console from many web platform was disappointing, not to mention the work with mobile devices. Squared-up allow you to see your work on any phone and any browser.
- Compare, very useful feature, you can compare different performance counters with your device, for example: compare the CPU load of one server to the behavior on all other servers in a group.
- Very Easy to use, for the moment (till next moth) there is no GUI for administrating the tool, but the work is done with very simple XML files that can be manipulated in any way on a plug&play bases.
- Create/Override on the fly, all of the control options are open, you can close alerts, reset monitors, put to maintenance ,run tasks and even create new monitors with one click of a batten.
- Knowledge, one of my favorites that Microsoft completely forgot to make accessible.
edit the company knowledge on alerts. seems to me a very small issue but in every company that holds a NOK team its a must. and you don’t need any Office tools that never work.
- Price, comparing this solution to many others, this one is a winner
- Try it, just try the product online with a demo lab and you will see this all the stuff i talked about http://www.squaredup.com/free-trial-online
For conclusion, a very useful tool that replaces the need for SCOM console Dashboards/Web site that changes the way you work with SCOM. I always try to find the best solution for the visualization of SCOM and had lots of problems till i found this company.
There is a companies on the market and there are other products like Savision for maps and dashboards. Savision for example are going to release an HTML5 dashboard program too next month. so the competition is growing and we are the one to win from that.